On May 30th, 2018, Instacart Canada invited AAGEF Ontario in its HQ. Andy Anthony, GM for Instacart Canada , gave a presentation on "The Gig Economy and the Future of Retail in Canada". Great insights ! Thank you to the whole team at Instacart and especially Quentin Servais Laval (HEC Paris) , Operations Director at Instacart, for organizing with Meaghan Kappel, HEC Paris Manager for AAGEF Ontario
On april 25th, AAGEF Ontario organized a speed networking so that each participant could meet 25 people in 2 hours. Great feedback despite the noise, which proves that our alumni have a lot to share !
On March 27th, Damien Veran ( HEC Paris ), President and Co-founder of SlimCut Media, was our keynote. SlimCut Media a leader in video advertising solutions for publishers. SlimCut Media has become the largest video advertising network in Canada after YouTube in just 7 years. Damien covered among other things :
1. The digital advertising landscape in 2018 (and why everyone should care about it)
2. From TV to Digital, the advertising revolution
3. How to thrive with 25 employe when your competition is Google, Facebook and Amazon ?
Great event . Thank you Damien. Pictures below
On February 28, AAGEF Ontario hosted an event at PwC Canada's offices in Toronto. This was the second in our Industry 4.0 series. After our inaugural and popular panel on Artificial Intelligence in spring 2017, this panel focused on The Future of Manufacturing. The event attracted ~80 guests. Topics covered included Smart Factories, Advanced Materials, Advanced Robotics, Open-Source Design... and more... with panelists hailing from Toronto, Montreal and Quebec:
Great event. Thank you Meaghan ( our HEC Paris Manager) for organizing with Di ( our MInes Paris Manager ) and thank you to PwC for hosting in their magnificent offices . Photos below
La liste complète des activités sera annoncée prochainement. Le comité organisateur tient à souligner trois événements particuliers.
• Le cocktail de lancement de la Semaine sur invitation le 22 mars, est une occasion idéale de réseauter pour rencontrer les influenceurs francophones de la région.
• De plus, le samedi 24 mars, une journée familiale sur le thème Sous le chapiteau, s’ajoutera pour la première fois à la programmation. Cet événement offrira des activités pour toute la famille.
• Un spectacle en soirée organisé par Francophonie en Fête de Toronto clôturera la semaine d’activités.
Veuillez trouver ci-joint les détails des bénéfices dont votre organisme pourrait bénéficier et la grille tarifaire dans la trousse ci-jointe.
Martine Rheault, chargée de projet
Comité de la Semaine de la francophonie
Our final event of 2017 is on November 29th and it's our Annual Entrepreneur Pitch! This is our largest event of the year with ~250 guests expected. It is not to be missed if you're intrigued by startups, bold ideas, and the Toronto tech community! You'll also be able to vote live for the $1,500 Audience Choice Award and the $1,000 Best Elevator Pitch Award.
When: Wednesday November 29, networking starts at 5:30pm.
Where: Glendon College - Centre of Excellence , 2275 Bayview Ave. Toronto
Who: Hear entrepreneurs from CommuniHelp, Commute Cycle and Dateva Inc. pitch their ideas in front of an esteemed jury (Interactive Ontario, Glendon, McKinsey, CIBC), moderated by CBC hit show Dragon's Den coach Marjorie Malpass.
Ticket price: $30 ( including one drink )
$5,000 will be distributed to the best projects thanks to our sponsor CIBC. All participants will vote . Excellent entertaining high quality networking opportunity.
Plenty of networking time before and after the pitch competition ( 2hours )
Pitch competition in English
Networking in English and French
Everyone is welcome . Feel free to distribute to anyone who would beneficiate from the event
Opportunity to see pitches in action and meet prominent members of your community
On oct 26th, Katia Houbiguian, SCPO and HEC Paris, Chief Marketing Officer Microsoft Canada, invited AAGEF Ontario to visit their MTC in Mississauga. Very interesting insights on
- how Microsoft innovation is helping customers digitally transform their business by better engaging their customers, empowering their employees, transforming their products and optimizing their operations- how Microsoft’s Artificial Intelligence is helping customers today transform their data into actionable business insight, intelligent action, make better business decisions, evolve business processes and build smarter applications
- how Microsoft’s is well positioned to help customers protect, detect and respond to Cybersecurity threats levering our unique intelligence, comprehensive platform and broad partnerships
Thank you Katia
On sept 28th , Andrew Graham, ESSEC , Senior Director, Office of the President, shared his own perspective on retail and how everything from autonomous vehicles to artificial intelligence might very well impact the way you shop within the next decade. Very good presentation with lots of futuristic examples. Thank you Andrew !
November 2nd : Jean-Pierre Raffarin, ESCP Europe, Former Prime Minister of France - last minute : event cancelled - announcement to folow to advise if and by what it is replaced. Sorry for the inconvenience
The New Europe In A New Balance Of The World
After multiples elections in Europe, in France, the Netherlands, Italy and Germany, Europe has been able to challenge the rise of populism and has now time to revive confidence in its capacity to progress. Trump’s leadership in the U.S. plays in Europe’s favour. The world is restructuring with the rise of China, the emergence of Africa and the possibility of a new Eurasia continent that would extend up to Africa. Europe has a role to play in this new Eurasian dynamism while respecting its traditional ties with North America. Does Europe have the political will and means to do so?
This event is co-organized with the prestigious Empire Club of Canada
and sponsored by Engel & Völkers Toronto Central
Click here to register and indicate AAGEF Ontario in the Note section
On aug 30th, 2017, we had a great panel with the following experts :