AAGEF Ontario organizes monthly networking Happy hour events every last wednesday of the month in Toronto from 6 pm to 9 pm. Registration is compulsory on links advertised in the AAGEF Ontario various linkedin subgroups and communicated by each Graduate School Manager.
During these events , a keynote speaker from the Business World or the Public Administration presents his activities and exchanges with the members
Recently , we have launched executive round tables where a moderator and a panel of specialist of the field exchange ideas with the audience. We also launched a pitching event for entrepreneurs willing to test their ideas in front of a group of senior experts. This Entrepreneur Pitch Event ( our take on Dragons Den in Canada or Shark Tank in the US ) took place in November 2015 ( see video ) for the first time and has become a yearly event. Link to 2016 event. Link to 2017 event
Upcoming events of AAGEF Ontario and other AAGEF in North America :
Toronto : Usually last wednesday of every month and announced in the linkedin group . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda 2018 (save the date - each event will be open for registration a few weeks before)
-Jan 31st : Retirement Planning by Jean-Pierre Laporte ( York - SCPO ) , CEO of Integris Pension Management.
- Feb 28th : Industry 4.0 . The Future of Manufacturing : Panel at PwC with :
David Gibson | Director, Industrial Products | PwC Canada (Host)
Amira Boutouchent | Co-founder & CEO | Bridgr (Montreal)
Mitch Debora | Co-Founder & CEO | Mosaic Manufacturing (Toronto)
Etienne Lacroix, Founder & CEO, Vention (Montreal)
Adnan Chaudhry , VP of Mitsubishi Electric
Shalabh Bakshi ,Director Digital Enterprise, Siemens
- March 27th : Damien Veran (HEC Paris), President and co-founder of SlimCut Media : The Digital Advertising Landscape.
- April 25th : Giant Speed Networking Event
- May 30th : Andy Anthony (McGill, UofT), General Manager for Instacart Canada : The Gig Economy and the Future of Retail in Canada . Registration at https://guestli.st/511428
- June 27th : Healthcare panel TBC
- Aug 29th : TBC
- Sept 26th : Kareen Rispal ( ENA, SCPO ) , Ambassador of France in Canada
- Oct 31st : TBC
- Nov 28th : Annual Entrepreneur Pitch Event.
- Jan 25th : A Manager's guide to Social Media by Caroline Isautier (ESSEC)
- Feb 22nd : Luxury Hospitality panel with Ritz Carlton GM Frank Arnold (ESSEC), Omni King Edward GM Christophe Le Chatton ( Cornell), HLT Advisory MD Lyle Hall (U of Calgary ), Tourism Industry Association of Ontario CEO Beth Potter(Lakehead U) and Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management Director Frederic Dimanche (U of Oregon) .
- March 29th : Reinhard Zeller (Arts et Metiers), Head, Orthopaedic Spine Service at SickKids, Innovation is the Key
- April 26th : Ricard Chartrand ( Northern College), Regional Director at Sun Life Financial, How to build wealth smartly and leave legacy to your loved ones .
- May 31st : The Canadian Artificial Intelligence Revolution Panel with 6 experts :
Tech Industry Perspective:Sanjay Gosalia ( Kellogg )| Canada Head of Industry - Financial Services, Google Canada
Venture Capital Perspective: Sylvain Carle (ICARI) | Partner, Real Ventures
Data Science Perspective: Yannick Lallement (Inria)| Chief Data Scientist, SalesChoice
Government Perspective:Heather Evans ( Queens ) | Senior Advisor, Advanced Technologies (AI/Quantum) at Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Growth
Industrial Applications & Academics/Education Perspective:Yves Lostanlen (MIT) | CEO, Siradel
Consulting Perspective: Arnold Liwanag (MCMaster) | Director, Strategy& (part of PwC network)
- June 28th : Panel on Fintech co-organized with INSEAD Alum and hosted by Brett Miller, INSEAD, CEO of Jones Lang LaSalle: “Shaping of banking model: How fintech is changing the landscape of financial services today” with 6 experts .
Bank Perspective: ·
Franklin Garrigues (Supelec &Kellogg), VP of Digital Channel at TD
Zemfira Khisaeva (McGill), VP of Enterprise Strategy at Scotiabank
Cesar Rainusso (INSEAD), Consultant, previously a VP of Digital Channel at BMO
Gayemari Brown (University of Toronto), CEO and Founder of Wintam Place Consulting, Senior Advisor to the Canadian FinTech Awards
Fintech Start-up Perspective:
Johnathan Holland (Brock University), CEO and Founder of Curexe, a worldwide platform to transfer/exchange money
Keith Loo (Schulich), Chief Revenue Officer at CTO Boost, Mentor at Haltech Regional Innovation Center
- aug 17th : Summer Meet & Greet | AAGEF Ontario International Exchange Group
-Aug 30th : Transportation / Infrastructure in the GTA panel.
- Xavier Fenaux (ESTP), P3 Projects Director at Colas Canada
- Baudouin Nizet (Solvay), Former President & CEO at CRH Canada Group
- Fabrice Banctel ( Centrale Supelec ) , Toronto Project Engineering Manager, Alstom Transport
- Mathieu Goetzke ( X, Ponts, Stanford ), ex - Co-Deputy City Manager in charge of Urban Quality and Development, City of Lille
- Sept 28th : Loblaw Senior Director, Office of the President, Andrew Graham (ESSEC). "Disruption in Aisle 4? What’s in store for stores..."
- Oct 26th : MIcrosoft Technical Center visit with CMO Katia Houbiguian (HEC,SCPO)
- nov 2nd : Jean-Pierre Raffarin ( ESCP Europe, ex Prime Minister of France from 2002 to 2005 and Vice President of the Senate from 2011 to 2014 ) in presence of Kareen Rispal ( SCPO, ENA ) , Ambassador of France in Canada "The new Europe in the new balance of the world" ( event co-organized with The Empire Club of Canada and sponsored by Engel & Volker) .
- Nov 29th : Annual Entrepreneur Pitch Event.
This year the event will take place at Glendon College in the beautiful and ultra-modern Centre of Excellence
The event will be moderated by Marjorie Malpass, coach on the CBC hit show Dragon's Den.
This year we received 15 application forms. The selection committee voted for 3 projects from :
- Paul Goude, founding partner, Commute Cycle
- Morva Rohani, co-founder at Communihelp
- Marina Korneeva, co-founder at Dateva Inc
Our amazing jury who will be evaluating our 3 finalists :
- Christa Dickenson, CEO of Interactive Ontario
- Angelo Dossou-Yovo, Assistant Professor in Management and Entrepreneurship at Glendon
- John Kelleher, Co-Chair, NEXT Canada and Partner, McKinsey & Company
-Brad Finch,Director, Alternate Solutions Group, , CIBC Capital Markets
Thanks to our sponsor CIBC, there will be three prizes : Best Elevator Pitch ($1,000 for one of the 12 entrepreneurs who will be exhibiting on table tops around the theater ) – Grand Jury Prize ( $2,500 for one of the three finalists) – Audience Choice Award ( $1,500 - the audience will vote on their smartphone for one of the 15 entrepreneurs).
List of the 12 entrepreneurs who will be exhibiting on a table top: Arbor Organic Skincare, Corpobids, Daily Oat Meal, Enjoy Up, Erplain, Mentis Services, Mentrio, Agorize, Mobility View, Northumberland Consulting, Voila Learning, What Rocks.
Agenda 2016 :
- feb 4th : Coca Cola Canada and its president Christian Polge (EDHEC)
- feb 25th : Boston Consulting Group Canada and its principal Thomas Foucault (X-Ponts)
- march 30th : Airbus Helicopters Canada and its president Romain Trapp (ENS)
- april 27th : Rogers Communication and its Chief Strategy Officer Frank Boulben (X-Ponts)
- may 24 th : CIC-Banque Transatlantique and its Director David Eap (Kedge, CNAM)
- june 22nd : PwC Canada and its Director Aurelie Olives (HEC) and Michel Grillot (X-Ponts, MIT)) Partner Mgt Consulting
- august 24th : MCBS : Cultural dimension in leadership workshop with Lionel Laroche (X, Caltech)
- sept 28th : Groupe SEB Canada and its president Fabrice Dupont (HEC)
- oct 26th : SCOR Canada and its General Manager Barthelemy Philippe (X, HEC))
- nov 30th : Coliseum entrepreneurs pitch - 3 entrepreneurs ( mousejob Salim Belcadi -ESCP Europe, bitrush Karsten Arend - Schiller , sahajan Lisa Mattam -McMaster) will be evaluated and advised by Microsoft CMO Katia Houbiguian -SCPO, HEC, Google Head of Financial Services Industry Sanjay Gosalia - Kellogg, Cannacord VP Raj Khanna - Cornell,INSEAD and National Post columnist Rick Spence - U of Windsor.
click here for video
Montreal : First tuesday every month. Contact Bernard Canneva at email@example.com
Vancouver : check http://frenchalumni.ca/
Ottawa : contac Kareen Guida Nestel firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago : Contact email@example.com. ( Every 4th Thursday of the month 6 pm at the Sofitel )
New York : check www.aagef.com
San Francisco : check the linkedin group
Recent speakers at AAGEF Ontario included the CFO of HDS Canada, the EVP of the Lafarge group, the Ambassador of France in Canada, the Marketing Director at Church & Dwight, the President and CEO of Thales Canada, the CEO of SOCAN , the EVP of National Bank of Canada, the President and Founder of RFRK, the President of MCB Solutions, the President & CEO of Vitalaire Canada ( Air Liquide ), the Premier of Quebec, the EVP of Areva Canada, the EVP of Nuclear Operations and Canada at EDF, the CEO of GTMA, the International Director of Mines-Telecom, the Artistic Director of TFT, the Senior Manager of Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games , the Senior Executive Career Management expert at Elite Resumes, TFO studios visit, Boris Cyrulnik, the Chairman of Alliance Francaise, the Director Communications and Public Affairs at Ontario Trillium Foundation, the Managing Director of CANEC International, the General Manager of KFC / Taco Bell Canada, the VP of Vector Aerospace (EADS), the CEO at Uniiverse, the President of Havas Worlwide digital and its director of user experience, the GM of Heineken Canada, The executive team of Ubifrance Toronto, the VP Finance Hotel Division at Sunwing Travel, the CMO McDonald's Canada, the Marketing Director of Mondelez International, The Marketing Manager of Legrand, The Consumer Division Director of Valeant Canada, The CEO of Argyle Communications, the Director Latin America at Rosetta Stone, the VP HR at Givex, the Global Leadership Practice Director at Odgers Berndtson, the Principal of Glendon College, York University,the Consul General of France in Toronto, the professor of negociation at Schulich Business School, the founders of Hyperloop Toronto,ThankYouChef and Ubiquilux, the President at Toronto Mergers and Acquisitions Corp, the CEO Siradel North America , the Executive Director Glendon, the Investment Director at Entrepreneur Venture, the CEO of Manchon & Company, the President of Coca Cola Canada, the Principal at Boston Consulting Group, the CEO Airbus Helicopters for Canada and COO for North America, the Chief Strategy Officer at Rogers Communications, the CIC - Banque Transatlantique Director, the Director and Partner at PwC Canada Management Consulting, the GM of Groupe SEB, the GM of SCOR Life Canada, the CMO of Microsoft Canada, the Head of Financial Services Industry at Google Canada, the VP at Canaccord Genuity , the Entrepreneurship Columnist at National Post, the founder of bitrush, the co-founder of mousejob, the founder of sahajan, the Senior Digital Marketing Trainer & Consultant, the owner of San Francisco Consult,the GM at The Ritz Carlton Toronto, the GM at Omni King Edward Hotel, the President & CEO of Tourism Industry Association of Ontario, the Managing Director at HLT Advisory, the Director of the Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Ryerson University, the head of the pediatric spine surgery department at SickKids ,Associate Professor at the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Toronto and the President of the Canadian Paediatric Spine Society, the Regional Director Estate and Financial Planning at Sun Life Financial, the Canada Head of Industry - Financial Services at Google Canada, the Partner at Real Ventures, the Chief Data Scientist at SalesChoice, Senior Advisor, Advanced Technologies (AI/Quantum) at Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Growth, the CEO at Siradel, the Director at Strategy& (part of PwC network), the VP Digital Channel at TD Bank, the VP Enterprise Strategy at Scotiabank, the ex-VP Digital Channel at BMO , the CEO of Curexe, the CEO of Wintam Place Consulting, the Chief Revenue Officer at CTO Boost, the P3 projects Director at Colas Canada, the Former President & CEO at CRH Canada Group, the Toronto Project Engineering Manager at Alstom Transport, the Former Co-Deputy City Manager in charge of Urban Quality and Development, City of Lille, Loblaw Senior Director, Office of the President, the founding partnerat Commute Cycle
the co-founder at Communihelp, the co-founder at Dateva Inc, the CEO of Interactive Ontario, the Assistant Professor in Management and Entrepreneurship at Glendon, the Co-Chair at NEXT Canada and Partner, McKinsey & Company
the Director, Alternate Solutions Group, at CIBC Capital Markets , the Director, Industrial Products at PwC Canada ,the Co-founder & CEO at Bridgr , the Co-Founder & CEO at Mosaic Manufacturing ,the Founder & CEO at Vention , the VP of Mitsubishi Electric, the Director Digital Enterprise at Siemens, the President and co-founder of SlimCut Media,
( Click on the blue link of your choice below )
The Digital Advertising Landscape
The Future of Manufacturing panel
Entrepreneur Pitch 2017
Microsoft Technical Center Visit
"Disruption in Aisle 4? What’s in store for stores..." with Andrew Graham, Loblaw Senior Director, Office of the President
Transport / Infrastructure panel
The Canadian Artificial Intelligence Revolution Panel
Comprehensive Financial Planning
Innovating in spine surgery and biomechanics
A Manager's guide to Social Media
2016 Annual Entrepreneur Pitch Event
Events Coca Cola, Boston Consulting Group, Airbus Helicopters, Rogers Communications, CIC , PwC, MCBS, SEB, SCOR
Event Coliseum ( our take on Dragons Den - entrepreneurs pitching in front of experts )
Event Negociating for Pandas
Event Consulate General sept 2015
Event Glendon College
Executive HR Round Table
Event Rosetta Stone
Round Table Brands
Event Sunwing Travel
Event Vector Aerospace (EADS)
Event KFC / Taco Bell Canada
Event CANEC International
Event Boris Cyrulnik
Event Senior Executive Career Management with Martin Buckland
Event Pan Am Games
Event Theatre Francais de Toronto
Event Mines Telecom
Event EDF North America
Event Areva Canada
Event MCB Solutions
Event at the Toronto Trading Floor of National Bank of Canada
Event with Eric Baptiste, CEO of SOCAN
Event with ACS and Speednetworking
Event with Paul Kahn , President and CEO of Thales Canada
Press Coverage Ambassador of France in Canada visiting AAGEF Ontario