Toronto Star Investigative Reporter Marco Oved : Everything you wanted to know about corporate corruption (SNC Lavalin), tax evasion (Panama papers) and overseas bribery but were afraid to ask (or tell)
Marco Oved is an investigative reporter who works on data-based projects. He was part of the global journalism collaboration that produced the Panama Papers, writing reports that were recognized with a Citation of Merit at the 2016 Michener Awards and a National Newspaper Award in 2018. He was the recipient of the 2014 R. James Travers Foreign Corresponding Fellowship and travelled to West Africa and Peru to report on the relationship between mining and foreign aid. Before joining the Star, Oved was a foreign correspondent for the Associated Press in Abidjan, Ivory Coast and worked for Radio France Internationale in Paris.
Marco covered various questions such as :
1. Are political and corporate corruptions always linked to each other?
2. Is international aid (government to government) similar to overseas bribery?
3. Is investigative reporting compatible with media advertising revenue?
4. Is money laundering exclusive to drug dealers?
5. How to attract whistleblowers and protect them from corporate retribution?
6. What is the difference between tax evasion and tax avoidance (GAFA’s profit shifting)
Thank you Marco. Pictures below